(Available in ExoInsight v8.7.1 and above)
This article describes the process of creating, updating, and maintaining ExoInsight Variables. For information on how to use ExoInsight Variables in a query, please refer to the POV String documentation for that source.
Access the ExoInsight Variables administration tab by clicking on ExoInsight Variables from the ExoInsight homepage and logging in as either an ExoInsight admin or power user:
To add a new ExoInsight Variable, click the Add New button and enter the ExoInsight environment name, the Application, and Cube the variable will be associated with. Double-click the field/column if it doesn't immediately appear editable:
- When entering the Application and Cube name, please note the names will be case-sensitive to whatever the application and cube name is in the source system. "Sample" is not the same as "sample".
- For Cloud EPM environments, use the Plan Type name for the Cube value.
- For HFM environments, the Application and Cube value will both be the HFM application name.
- Do not use spaces for the Variable Name value.
- The Variable Value can be anything as long as it results in a syntactically correct query upon replacement in the query.
- You can use the following values to make the ExoInsight Variable available to multiple environments/applications/cubes: AllEnvironments, AllApplications, AllDatabases.
For information on how to reference an ExoInsight Variable in a query, please refer to the POV String and Query Builder Documentation for the source being used:
ExoInsight provides the ability to create dynamic date variables called ExoDate variables that resolve to the custom date value at runtime. Please refer to the ExoDate documentation for more information on how to set up and utilize ExoDates.